Registration & League Information
WHAT DATES DO I NEED TO KNOW?
We try our best to provide this information to you as early as possible. The best way to find out about important dates is to stop into one of our intramural offices.
Tentative Fall 2013 Schedule
To play in any of the Rutgers Intramural Sport Leagues, a participant must first create an IMleagues.com account. Team names, rosters, playing availability, game schedules, and free agents are organized here!
HOW ARE THE LEAGUES ORGANIZED?
Depending on the sport, leagues exist for men’s, women’s or coed play. In most intramural leagues, there are different skill divisions. Although both leagues are competitive, the anticipated level of play is higher in an “A” division. Those looking to play a sport for the first time or looking to have more fun, should register for the “B” division. A player can only play on one team when leagues are broken into divisions.
RATIOS FOR CO-ED LEAGUES
In coed divisions gender ratios apply for the amount of players participating. See the appropriate sport or event's rules for detailed information. Here are the most common sports and ratios:
- Outdoor soccer: 5:2
- Flag football: 4:3
- Indoor soccer: 4:2
- Softball: 8:2 or 7:2
- Volleyball: 4:2
WHAT ARE THE TEAM CAPTAIN'S RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Enter his/her team in the desired sport via IMleagues.com before the announced closing date. Team captain will need to have an account created on IMleagues.com before the desired sport can be chosen.
- Team captain will need to pay any associated team fee before team will be accepted on IMleagues.com.
- Represent or see that the team is represented at all mandatory league meetings. At the initial captain's meeting league organization is discussed and rules disseminated. Any team not represented by a team member at the mandatory captain's meeting may be replaced by any team on the waiting list!
- Study the rules of the game and educate team members regarding all policies, procedures and rules pertaining to Intramural participation and specific leagues. All team members must also create accounts on IMleagues.
- Stimulate and promote participation and ensure all members of the team are eligible to play.
- Assure that every team member has read and signed the disclaimer statement PRIOR to play.
- Notify each team member of the date, time and field of each contest the team plays.
- Keep his/her name, email address and telephone number up-to-date.
- Check daily the intramural bulletin board in the respective recreation center and postings via IMleagues.com.
- Make an effort to see that those representing his/her team play according to the rules of the game and conduct themselves as good sports.
YOU NEED AN ID TO PLAY - NO EXCEPTIONS!
All participants must bring their valid RU ID to play. Participants will not be permitted to play without a valid ID, which will be collected from all team members, and will be submitted to the Intramural Staff for verification and returned after the game or event.
Teams should arrive early and be ready to play 15 minutes before the start time. If a team shows up 5 minutes after the start time it will be declared a forfeit. To avoid a forfeit, be certain that your entire team is informed of its play schedule, and that it has the minimum number of players required to play present; It is a good idea to bring extra players!
CAN I PLAY ON MORE THAN ONE TEAM?
A participant may play for more than one league (i.e. Volleyball Co-Ed and Men's) only where noted. (A participant may not play in two like divisions (ie Men’s A and Men’s B).
Teams may pick up players throughout the regular season provided they have not already played for another team within the league division (Men’s, Women’s, Co-Ed). Any added player will need to create an account on IMleagues.com before their "next" scheduled contest. Free Agents can also be obtained through IMLeagues.com. To ensure playing time for all, we limit the number of players allowed on the roster. Rosters will be compiled from regular season games and locked before playoffs. Participants must have played in a minimum of two games to be eligible for the playoffs.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS NEEDED?
The department will provide all necessary equipment for a scheduled contest or event. Participants may choose to bring their own equipment, but the intramural staff reserves the right to determine what equipment may or may not be used during the contest or event.
• If a team requests the use of an alternate piece of equipment for a game, both teams involved and the intramural supervisor will need to agree on the equipment before it may be used. If disagreement occurs, the Intramural Department’s equipment will be used.
• For your safety and the safety of others:
• Proper shoes are required (metal cleats are prohibited).
• Any participant wearing eyeglasses or other eyewear may be required to wear a safety strap, especially if the eyewear is deemed unsafe during play.
• Jewelry (rings, watches, necklaces, ankle bracelets, earrings, rubber bands, etc.) and casts are prohibited. Placing tape over jewelry will not be allowed.
• Knee braces are allowed with the approved covers (neoprene protective covers).
For most leagues and tournaments, an Instant scheduling format is utilized unless otherwise noted. This allows teams to select their play days and times on IMleagues.com. Games are expected to be played as scheduled.
Some uncontrollable situations necessitate the rescheduling of games by the Intramural Staff. Examples of such situations include, but are not limited to, weather, facility issues, or facility schedule changes. If games are postponed or cancelled, team captains will be notified via IMleagues.com or phone. For the most recent information regarding cancellations due to inclement weather, call the respective campus intramural office.
PLEASE NOTE: Every attempt will be made to reschedule postponed games on the same day/time of week; however, this is subject to facility constraints, and is not guaranteed.
During playoffs, game dates and times vary.
To determine standings, teams will be awarded points based on the outcomes of their games. The format will be as follows:
Win = 2 points
Tie/cancellation = 1 point